Thursday, February 5, 2009

Skinny Dipping in my new plunge pool


This heat just won't let up -- it's about 37 degrees here in Canberra today, yet another day of high-30s we have suffered over the last couple of weeks. Of course, it could be worse: we could live where Nan and Pa do, or Uncle Matt, Aunty Jane and Cousin James -- they are sweltering through 40s plus (up to 47 degrees the other day - whew!!)
Anyway, Dad bought me this cool pool to have a splash in, and today I went for my first swim, a skinny dip!! Mum set it up on the deck and had to lock out Ruby the labrador, who has previously taken a swim in it and believes she owns it! I wasn't too keen on it at first as the water was a bit cool, but then I peed and that seemed to warm things up. I had a lot of fun, and certainly felt a lot cooler afterwards. Mum also splashed her feet in the pool to cool down. 
Swimming made me tired, so shortly after this I had my lunch, a bottle, and went to bed. I was asleep for two hours. Mum is thinking she might let me go swimming every day.....

1 comment:

The Tinkler Family said...

Looks like fun Finn! James can't wait to come and have a swim too!!! We agree, this heat is just too much - we want it to cool down a bit now...