So what's been happening here? Well first of all, there were terrible bush fires in Victoria and tragically a lot of people died about 10 days ago. Fortunately all of our family and friends are safe, but we have felt very sad for those people who didn't survive or lost their homes. We just pray that the communities devastated will be able to rebuild themselves, and that this doesn't happen again.
Onto happier things, and my Nan has returned from her trip to Canada; we were delighted to see her after seven weeks away visiting my uncle Paul. She looks pale compared to us bronzed Aussies, but otherwise well. She flew back into Canberra on Sunday 7th, and Pa came up to pick her up. They stayed the night, and went back to Jerilderie via the Murphys in Cootamundra. We hope we will get to see Nan and Pa again soon.
On the weekend, we celebrated two birthdays: Uncle Dan's and Great Aunt Blue's. We had dinner at Granny and Grandpa's house on Saturday night, which was very lovely. I had a great time exploring their home before going off to sleep in my cot there while everyone ate.
Daddy started holidays on the weekend, so I'm delighted that I get to spend lots of time with him over the next three weeks. We leave for New Zealand on Sunday, and have eight days there. I can't wait! It's my first overseas trip. I've got my passport and am ready to go.
Before then, though, I am going to start childcare. Today is to be my first day. Every week, I will go for three days -- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Mum is going back to her job at the War Memorial while I am there. I am really looking forward to it; I think it will be great fun playing with the other kids. But Mum is feeling a bit sad; She says I'm growing up too fast!
In other news, Mum took me to the healthcare nurse last week and discovered that I now weigh about 9.3kg and am 79cm long -- apparently my height is off the charts for my age! I am very, very fast at crawling now, and like to pull myself up to standing when I get to anything solid (or against Mum and Dad's legs). I wave goodbye, and Mum and Dad reckon I even said 'Bye" when I waved Dad off to work the other day. I also really like playing chasey with mum and dad around the living room -- they get down and crawl around with me, and it's really funny!
Better go now; I'll let you know how my first day at childcare goes. I'm sure it will be great!
No comments:
Post a Comment