Hello again, and welcome to 2009! I know we are already almost one week into the New Year, but it started off with Mum having a nasty cold and I was a little under the weather, too, so that's why this is my first post. Anyway, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to blog more often, so I guess that's a promise that there will be many more to come :-)
We had a pretty quiet New Year's here at Favenc Circle, but we did have some visitors: my fantastic cousins Ella, Jack and Lily, and their Mum and Dad, Kerrie and Michael. They came over from Cootamundra and stayed with us for two nights, including New Year's Eve. I had a great time playing with them, and one day we all went for a bike ride around Lake Burley Griffin. I went in a special bike trailer that Dad bought for me; it's pretty cool, but I am probably a little too little for it yet so will spend more time in it when I grow a bit.
The Murphys went out to see the fireworks that night, but Mum, Dad and I stayed home and went to bed. Yeah, we are really rather boring, but I hope that next year I will be feeling better (I had started to get my cold on NYE) and we can all go out to celebrate 2010.
Anyway, since then we have been mostly just hanging out at home, particularly over the last couple of days as it has been very hot and Mum isn't a big fan of taking me in the pram when it's sweltering. I have been crawling from one end of the house to the other, exploring everything and having a great time playing with my Christmas toys. I have also started pulling myself up when I reach a table, or the sofa, or any piece of furniture really. It's very exciting, this new mobility thing.
Another of my New Year's Resolutions is to give Mum and Dad more sleep at night, and I am doing pretty well so far: three nights ago I slept from 7.30pm until 7.15am - the first time I have EVER done that! Mum and Dad were really happy. Last night I went pretty well, too, until 5am. After Dad gave me a bottle I went back to sleep and finally got up around 7.30am. So I reckon I might just master this sleeping through the night business soon, too.
Speaking of sleeping, I have discovered some interesting ways to nod off in my cot in recent weeks. One day Mum came in and I was actually sitting up, sound asleep! Other times I lie across my cot and have my legs sticking out through the bars. Mostly though, I like to sleep on my tummy and knees, with my cute little bottom in the air. You can see from the pic what I mean.
Anyway, I've gotta go. Got to get back to exploring, pooing, eating, etc. I am heaps of fun, Mum says -- I give fantastic smiles and laugh a lot and am also growling heaps(?). I am starting to understand more words, too; I kinda know what 'no' means, but I still choose to ignore it when it suits me!!
Later xxx
1 comment:
Thanks for the great story about your New Year, cousins and the exciting life you are enjoying. Keep it up and keep smiling. love to you,mum and dad from your W.A. rellies xoxo
Post a Comment