Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Finnland

There has been lots happening in my life lately. I have been growing ever bigger and stronger, and I can now sit up really well by myself to play. I am also practicing crawling, but seem to be stuck in reverse! I can get up on my knees, even on my toes sometimes, but when I try to go forwards I somehow get mixed up and go backwards instead. It's really rather frustrating. I'm sure I'll get the hang of this crawling thing sooner or later, though. 
Mum hasn't taken me to the community nurse in a while, but when we last visited about six weeks ago I weighed just over 8 kilograms and was 73cm long. Everyone keeps telling me I'm tall, and apparently my height at this stage (or age) puts me in the 90th percentile -- which means that yes, I am tall. I reckon I've added another couple of centimetres, and probably another kilogram, since then. And tomorrow I am eight months old; wow, the time has gone really fast!
Another development is that I have learned a few new words and ways to use my mouth. I can now say "daddaddaddaddadda", which has Dad very excited because he thinks I'm talking to him! I also say "babababa"; they probably also think I'm talking to lambs!
Mum and Dad have finally started bathing me in the big bath, too. For most of my life I have been having my baths in the laundry tub -- not very grand, I'm sure you'd agree, but they say it was better on their backs. For a while there I was also having regular showers with Dad, but over the last few weeks they have filled up the main bath and let me swim in there. Not before time, that's for sure. Anyway, I really love bath time. It's great being able to kick out my legs to splash whoever is bathing me (usually dad), and also playing with my toys. I look forward to it every day.

No comments: