Hi there, I'm back! I'm a bit tired today after a big weekend away in Sydney. Dad took Mum and I up there to celebrate Mum's birthday, which was on Saturday. It was my first visit to Sydney, and we had a lovely time: Dad had organised for us to stay at the beautiful Observatory Hotel, which is in The Rocks, right near the harbour. After we arrived around lunchtime on Saturday we went for a nice walk around Circular Quay, the Opera House and the Botanic Gardens -- there were people everywhere! Sydney sure is a popular place.
Mum had mentioned that she was going to take me on a ferry over to Manly, but we didn't quite have enough time, as Mum and Dad had to get back to the hotel so they could go out for dinner (I did see quite a few ferries, though -- they look like fun!).
Anyway, Dad had organised a babysitter to look after me for a couple of hours while they had some time to themselves. She was very nice, and I thought that rather than go to sleep I would just hang out and have fun with her! I was pretty tired by the time Mum and Dad came back up to our room.
On Sunday, Mum and Dad went for a swim in the hotel pool before checking out and catching up with Mum's friend, Mel. They have known each other since university, but haven't had a chance to get together since I was born. It was nice to meet her.
We went to the furniture store Ikea after that, but it was really busy so we didn't enjoy it much. Then I slept all the way home; it seemed like a very quick trip back to Canberra!
No comments:
Post a Comment