.jpg)
Floriade
Anyway, just thought I'd fill you in on what's been happening lately. As some of you might know, every year Canberra has a festival called Floriade. I guess it's to welcome Spring, or something like that. Mostly what it involves is a bunch of flowers planted in nice patterns by Lake Burley Griffin. They have special cafes set up around it, free concerts and such things as well. Anyway, the big drawcard is the flowers, which are mostly tulips (Mum's favourites) and Irises and other bulby things. They do look very pretty.
Floriade runs from mid-September to mid-October (it finished on the weekend), and Mum took me three times while it was on. We went with Dad the first time, then with Kate and Will from our Mum's and bubs group, then by ourselves. It was really nice, but I think it will be more fun for me when I'm older as there is a petting paddock, play equipment and ice creams for me to eat! Here's a photo of Mum and I and some of the flowers we saw.
The 24-Hour Mountain Bike Race
Over the weekend just gone, my dad competed in a 24-Hour Mountain Bike race. Yeah, Mum and I think he's crazy, but he really enjoys it. Anyway, it started at 12 noon on Saturday and Dad was in a four-man team. He did six laps of the course over the 24 hours, which was very impressive! We went out to visit Dad on Saturday afternoon, after he had done his first lap. There were around 7,000 people there, with 2,500 of them competing. Everyone had set up tents to camp between laps, but dad said he didn't get any sleep!
1 comment:
Looks great Finn! I bet your Mum is drumming into you how much she likes tulips so you remember to get her some each year for her birthday! Next year, I'm coming to Canberra to go to Floriade with you - I've always wanted to go but haven't got around to it. Looking forward to seeing you, your mum and your dad soon!
Post a Comment